NHS Grampian has been in consultation with A & L Porter who currently operate five successful community pharmacies in the Aberdeen area, regarding their proposed application for a new pharmacy to open in Westhill, situated across the road from McDonalds.
NHS Grampian has to consider if granting the application is necessary or desirable in order to secure adequate provision of pharmaceutical services in the neighbourhood in which the premises are located by persons whose names are included in the pharmaceutical list.
The proposed new pharmacy will be fully accessible, it will have:
- Two consultation rooms, one of which will be a full specification NHS treatment room, available for use by fellow health care professionals
- Drive Thru Pharmacy for patient convenience
- 12 parking spaces including some with electric charging points
- 24-hour prescription collection service using a secure automated prescription collection kiosk
- Robotic dispensing ensuring accurate and efficient dispensing times for prescriptions
- If medication is not in stock, the pharmacy will home-deliver when available to avoid a wasted journey
- Extended opening hours for patient convenience
The pharmacy will aim to work closely with the local Health and Social Care Partnership to provide the fullest levels of integrated patient care.